Join Rod in a three-part Yoga For Shoulders intensive. Learn Iyengar yoga techniques to promote shoulder health and mobility. This course is ideal for stiff shoulders from poor posture, stress or other specific issues such as frozen shoulder. Help your shoulders recover with this tailor made course taught by a certified, experienced teacher.
Explore a range of yoga poses that can help to improve the health of your shoulders. The Iyengar method has a comprehensive array of poses and adaptations suited to this purpose. This course gathers together a range of these poses and condenses them into three sequences that can easily be practiced at home. You will develop your shoulders in all directions of their potential movement.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals suffering from stiff, restricted shoulders
- Those recovering from a frozen shoulder or other shoulder mobility problems
- Anyone wanting to focus on improving strength, mobility and stability in their shoulders
- This is an intermediate level course. Completion of the Yoga Selection beginners program or equivalent is recommended. The course is also useful for advanced students suffering from shoulder difficulties.
If you have a shoulder condition, please seek permission from your doctor prior to participating in this course.
How will this course help me?
These classes will help you strengthen, stabilise and release your shoulders. This can assist with reducing pain and restriction and improving overall body posture. If you suffer from a specific condition such as frozen shoulder, regular practice of these poses can help to restore mobility and functioning. Stronger and more flexible shoulders will assist you to make more progress in other yoga poses such as backbends.
What do I get from this course?
- A comprehensive and structured approach to Yoga For Shoulders
- Essential foundations and key principles clearly communicated to help you go further on your yoga journey
- Step by step tracking of your progression through the course
- Email reminders to help keep you motivated and on track
- Email support from your teacher
Start your journey now with a free trial
Get unlimited access to all courses, weekly class videos, pose library, sequences, in-depth articles and more. Cancel anytime.
Reclining Shoulder Poses - Weekly Intermediate Class 54
Key Poses: Anantasana, supta urdhva hastasana, supta urdhva baddhanguliyasana
Equipment: Mat, 3 blankets, 2 blocks, belt
Duration: 35 min
Kneeling Shoulder Poses - Weekly Intermediate Class 55
Key Poses: adho mukha virasana, vajarasana, parvatasana, garudasana arms, gomukhasana arms
Equipment: Mat, chair, 3 blankets, 2 blocks, belt
Duration: 35 min
Standing Shoulder Poses - Weekly Intermediate Class 56
Key Poses: ardha mukha svanasana, vasisthasana, trikonasana, parsvottanasana
Equipment: Mat, blanket, 2 blocks, belt
Duration: 40 min