Learn Yoga For Athletes in this three part course. Maintaining flexibility is imperative for athletes. It serves to optimise performance, and can reduce your risk of injury. This three part course includes yoga classes designed specifically for swimmers, cyclists and runners. These three activities tend to repetitively tighten specific muscle groups. A stretching regime is therefore an essential component of a balanced training program for athletes. The classes in this course systematically guide you through some of the main muscles groups that are involved in these activities. Athletes who are newer to yoga as well as those with pre-existing experience will benefit from the “Yoga For Athletes” course.
Who is this course for?
- If you love sport but don’t like feeling stiff and restricted as a result, then this course is for you
- This is an intermediate course – completion of the Yoga Selection beginners program or equivalent is recommended
How will this course help me?
The three sequences in this course cover key body areas that are repetitively utilised whilst swimming, cycling and jogging. Balancing vigorous physical activity with yoga can help to reduce the stiffness that can build up in your body over time. With regular practice you will increase your flexibility. This can lead to enhanced performance and reduced risk of injury.
What do I get from this course?
- A comprehensive and structured approach to yoga for athletes participating in swimming, cycling and jogging
- Essential foundations and key principles clearly communicated to help you go further on your yoga journey
- Step by step tracking of your progression through the course
- Email reminders to help keep you motivated and on track
- Email support from your teacher
Start your journey now with a free trial
Get unlimited access to all courses, weekly class videos, pose library, sequences, in-depth articles and more. Cancel anytime.
Yoga Poses For Swimmers - Weekly Intermediate Class 103
Key Poses: Garudasana, gomukhasana, chair ustrasana, urdhva baddhanguliyasana.
Equipment: Mat, chair, blanket, belt.
Duration: 30 min
Yoga Poses For Cyclists - Weekly Intermediate Class 106
Key Poses: Virasana, utthita hasta padangusthasana, epa pada rajakapotasana, bhujangasana.
Equipment: Mat, chair, 2 blankets, belt.
Duration: 50 min
Yoga For Runners - Weekly Intermediate Class 113
Key Poses: Utthita hasta padangusthasana I & II, eka pada rajakapotasana I & II.
Equipment: Mat, chair, blanket, 2 blocks, belt.
Duration: 45 min