Learn yoga for back pain in this three-part course. Improve the overall health of your spine with this comprehensive Iyengar Yoga resource. You will be guided through three complementary yoga sequences for back pain. Each sequence demonstrates unique ways in which you can use Iyengar Yoga to improve spinal balance, mobility and strength.
Who is this course is for?
- Individuals with back pain
- Those with asymmetries of the spine, such as scoliosis
- Anyone wanting to improve spinal mobility and strength
Please seek permission from your doctor prior to commencing this course.
How will this course help me?
This course will guide you step-by-step through three unique Iyengar yoga sequences for relieving back pain. You will cover a range of poses and variations that will equip you with a method for fostering balance, mobility and strength in your spine.
- Learn how to take pressure off your back by improving hip mobility and hamstring flexibility
- Be guided in safely modifying poses that can be difficult to attempt if you have lower back problems
- Develop a range of therapeutic poses that can be used to help relieve lower back aches and pains
With regular practice, you will start to feel some relief from back aches and pains. As your spine gains mobility and strength, your posture will improve. You will start to notice greater capacity in other yoga poses.
What do I get from this course?
- A comprehensive and structured approach to using Iyengar yoga to assist with the relief of back pain
- Essential foundations and key principles clearly communicated to help you go further on your yoga journey
- Step by step tracking of your progression through the course
- Email reminders to help keep you motivated and on track
- Email support from your teacher
The learning from this course can be supplemented by two related Yoga Selection blog articles. Each article takes you through a back pain sequence and has accompanying images and instructions.
Start your journey with a 14-day free trial
Get started straight away with our 14-day free trial. You’ll get access to all our courses, weekly class videos, complete pose library, sequences, in-depth articles and more.
Iyengar Yoga For Lower Back Pain - Weekly Intermediate Class 49
Key Poses: Utthita hasta padangusthasana I & II, chair twists, chair malasana, supta padangusthasana
Equipment: Mat, chair, 2 blankets, 2 blocks, belt
Duration: 50 min
Yoga Poses For Scoliosis - Weekly Advanced Class 55
Key Poses: trikonasana, parsvottanasana, parivrtta trikonasana, paschimottanasana
Equipment: Mat, chair, 3 blankets, 2 blocks, belt
Duration: 45 min
Yoga Poses To Relieve Lower Back Pain - Weekly Advanced Class 82
Key Poses: Diagonal standing poses,chair twists, supta padangusthasana, pavana mukthasana
Equipment: Mat, 2 chairs, 2 bolsters, 3 blankets, 2 blocks, belt
Duration: 50 min