The Pune Cycle Series II course provides you with a curated group of classes that will assist you in creating a well balanced home practice. Alternate the focus of each session according to the traditional cycle, as practice in Pune. Move from standing poses to forward bends, backbends and finally pranayama. Regularly varying your focal point helps to ensure that you won’t neglect any areas of your practice. This can help to build momentum and breadth in your practice.
- Standing Poses – 55 mins. Longer in duration, this challenging class includes both standing poses and inversions with an emphasis on classical Iyengar alignment and instruction.
- Forward Bends – 55 mins. This class focuses on forward bends and twists and includes most of the key asanas from this group of poses.
- Backbends – 60 mins. Explore standing poses that share common techniques with backbends before moving on to urdhva dhanurasana and dwi pada viparita dandasana.
- Pranayama – 35 mins. This class explores ujjayi pranayama. Stages five to eight are practiced from an upright seated position.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals with a tendency to focus on one or two areas in their home practice at the expense of others
- Those looking to build a balanced home practice covering all key areas via the Pune cycle
- This is an advanced course – approximately two or more years of yoga experience is recommended
How will this course help me?
These classes encompass the full range of key Iyengar yoga poses, divided into standing poses, forward bends, backbends and pranayama. Regular practice covering these areas will ensure that you have a balanced practice that expands in many directions.
What do I get from this course?
- A comprehensive and structured approach to alternating classes following the traditional Pune cycle
- Essential foundations and key principles clearly communicated to help you go further on your yoga journey
- Step by step tracking of your progression through the course
- Email reminders to help keep you motivated and on track
- Email support from your teacher
Start your journey now with a free trial
Get unlimited access to all courses, weekly class videos, pose library, sequences, in-depth articles and more. Cancel anytime.
Iyengar Yoga Standing Pose Sequence - Weekly Advanced Class 91
Key Poses: Standing poses, sirsasana, sarvangasana.
Equipment: Mat, 3 blankets, 2 blocks, belt
Duration: 55 min
Iyengar Yoga Forward Bend Sequence - Weekly Advanced Class 92
Key Poses: Upavista konasana, janu sirsasana, triang mukhaikapada paschimottanasana, paschimottanasana., bharadvajasana.
Equipment: Mat, chair, bolster, 3 blankets, 2 blocks, belt
Duration: 55 min
Iyengar Yoga Backbend Sequence - Weekly Advanced Class 93
Key Poses: Urdhva mukha svanasana, urdhva dhanurasana, ustrasana, dwi pada viprita dandasana, ardha halasana
Equipment: Mat, chair, 2 bolsters, 3 blankets, 2 blocks, belt
Duration: 60 min
Ujjayi Pranayama Stages 1 to 8 - Weekly Advanced Class 94
Key Poses: Savasana, ujjayi pranayama
Equipment: Mat, bolster, 2 blankets
Duration: 35 min