Do you know how to balance in a handstand? What about in pincha mayurasana? If you are looking to work on your free balancing in these poses, this course will provide you with a strong foundation. Each tutorial is packed with helpful tips and techniques to help you confidently practice these advanced inversions. Work towards free balancing at your own pace as fundamental methods are introduced in a step-by-step progression. Whether you are new to the idea of balancing without a support, or looking to develop an existing foundation, these tutorials will help you get results.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals with no prior free-balance experience
- Those with pre-existing free-balance experience looking to build further skills and confidence
- Anyone wanting to improve their overall confidence with inversions
- This is an advanced course – approximately two years of yoga experience is recommended
How will this course help me?
Take your inversions to the next level. This course will guide you through key free-balancing techniques.
- Improve your balance, coordination, strength and confidence
- Learn preparatory movements and poses that will help you build the strength to sustain free balancing
- Be guided in safely applying Iyengar yoga techniques that will help you work towards correct alignment
What do I get from this course?
- A comprehensive and structured approach to using Iyengar yoga techniques for free balancing
- Essential foundations and key principles clearly communicated to help you go further on your yoga journey
- Step by step tracking of your progression through the course
- Email reminders to help keep you motivated and on track
- Email support from your teacher
Start your journey now with a free trial
Get unlimited access to all courses, weekly class videos, pose library, sequences, in-depth articles and more. Cancel anytime.
Adho Mukha Vrksasana (Handstand) – Weekly Advanced Class 77
Key Poses: Adho mukha vrksasana
Equipment: Mat, blanket
Duration: 20 min
Pincha Mayurasana (Forearm Balance) - Weekly Advanced Class 78
Key Poses: Pincha Mayurasana
Equipment: 2 blocks, belt
Duration: 30 min